Welcome to the LibGuide for ENG 102!
- For help in creating your own Research Plan, see the Creating a Research Plan tab. This tab includes a link to the example Research Plan used in the library orientation, as well as a link to blank plan that you can download and use with your own topics.
- The Book/E-Book Sources tab contains information about searching the library catalog for books and e-books, for searching the e-book database directly, and for searching a government documents catalog (which count as e-book sources).
- The Magazine/Journal Articles tab contains tips for quickly evaluating relevant articles, databases for finding journal articles, and information on how to locate the full text of articles in journals, etc. (Journal Finder)
- The MLA Style Resources tab contains tools to help you formulate your citations in MLA style.
- The Reserves tab contains materials that have been put on reserve behind the circulation desk for use in the library.
Remember, if at any time you need assistance with your research, feel free to contact us (our contact info is in the boxes to the right; scroll down to see both), or any of the other reference librarians on duty in the library. You also have access to help via reference online chat (see the NCKnows box to the left), via telephone (252-399-6502), and via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).