Welcome to the LibGuide for ENG 201!
- The Searching for Books/E-books tab contains information about searching the library catalog for books and e-books, as well as searching the e-book database directly.
- The Criticism/Author Information tab has several sub-categories under it: Reference Sources on Poems, Reference Sources on Short Stories, Reference Sources on Women's Lit and Women Writers, and General Reference Sources on Writers and Their Works. Click on the sub-categories to see reference sources in our collection on those topics.
- The Online Criticism tab contains databases that cite literary critiques in both journals and book sources on specific authors' works.
- The MLA Style Help tab contains tools to help you formulate your citations in MLA style.
- The Interlibrary Loan tab explains how we can request articles that we don't have from other libraries, and the form needed for doing so.
Remember, if at any time you need assistance with your research, feel free to contact us (our contact info is in the boxes to the right; scroll down to see both), or any of the other reference librarians on duty in the library. You also have access to help via reference online chat, via telephone (252-399-6502), and via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Locate Full-Text Journals & Magazines
- Search Journal Finder
Journal Finder will identify journals, magazines, and newspapers to which Hackney Library has full text access.
- Type in the name of the journal or magazine whose articles you want to read in the full-text (such as Journal of Sports Science and Medicine). Journal Finder will then tell you whether or not we have access to that publication, and if so, in what database and for what dates.
- Or to see magazines and journals that address athletic topics, see the list of Exercise and Sport Science periodicals in Journal Finder.
(For access to Journal Finder from off campus, log in with your Barton network username and password.)