Welcome to the LibGuide for WRT 102!
Scroll down in the left sidebar to see the following (you may have to scroll down to see all):
- To find the information sources that best answer various research needs, take a look at Choosing the Best Information Sources.
- For help in creating your own Research Plan, see the Creating a Research Plan link. This section includes a link to the several sample Research Plans on different topics, as well as a link to a blank plan that you can download and use with your own topics. Research plans help you stay organized when you begin to search and suggest different search terms in case your original terms aren't working well.
- The Book/E-Book Sources link contains information about searching the library catalog for books, and for searching the e-book database directly for e-books, and for searching a government documents catalog (which count as e-book sources). The Sample Search links underneath the main Book/E-Book Sources page give you step-by-step examples of searches with screenshots for each kind of search (catalog vs. e-book database).
- The Magazine/Journal Articles link contains tips for quickly evaluating relevant articles, databases for finding magazine and journal articles, and information on how to locate the full text of articles in journals, etc. (Journal Finder). The sub-pages under this main page give you step-by-step examples of searches with screenshots for each type of article.
- The APA Style Resources link contains tools to help you formulate your citations in APA style. The sub-page under this APA Style page has more specific applications of APA style (such as in annotated bibliographies, literature reviews, plus sample papers, etc.).
Remember, if at any time you need assistance with your research, feel free to contact me via telephone [252-399-6504], and via email [firstname.lastname@example.org].