This LibGuide for HEA 220 course will provide, through the links in the left sidebar, tips for searching our catalog and databases for information sources generally, but also instructions for specific assignments, such as the Annotated Bibliography in APA style. (The Research Basics page has subcategories under it; click on those links in the left sidebar to see the content included on each.)
- Choosing the Best Information Sources will help you determine what kind of information source (book, article, web page, etc.) will provide the kind of information you need;
- Research Basics will give you some general tips on searching our resources successfully for information sources. (Note that there are multiple subcategories under this page, so click on each to see the content there.)
- Searching Tips & Tricks provides you with strategies to help refine your searching to get the best possible sources from your search(es).
- Annotated Bibliographies in APA Style gives you information about what annotated bibliographies typically contain, and how to format them in MLA citation style.
- APA Style Resources provides links to many online helps and examples for formatting citations in APA Style.
- Interlibrary Loan provides information on how we can supply you with books, articles, etc., that you need but that Hackney Library does not own.
- Need Additional Help? provides you with contact information for the librarians at Hackney Library. Feel free to contact any of us when you need help!
- Pre-Test/Post-Test links to a diagnostic tool for the librarians to assess information literacy goals.