- The Citations? What? Why? How? tab and its sub-categories explain what citations are (with examples), why you need to use proper citations, and tips for how to create them.
- The APA Style Resources tab gives you information and suggested sources of help for citing in APA Style (often used in the nursing, education, and social sciences disciplines).
- The MLA Style Resources tab does the same for MLA Style (often used for English/Spanish and other humanities disciplines).
- The SBL Style Resources tab also provides links to assist in proper citation in Society of Biblical Literature (SBL) Style (used in religion).
- The AMS Style Resources tab provides links to tips for proper citation in the American Mathematical Society style (used in mathematics).
- The Avoiding Plagiarism tab contains resources that explain what plagiarism is, and how you can avoid it.
The Library faculty will periodically give workshops to help you out with creating citations for APA and MLA style. Watch for announcements about specific times for those workshops.
In addition, Hackney librarians will be happy to help you individually with crafting your citations; Just stop by the reference (Research Help) desk for assistance; call us at 252-399-6502; or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
And don't forget about the online helps suggested on the APA and MLA Style Resource tabs and on our web page, as well as the Reference Chat via NCKnows option for a live chat with a librarian (in the box to the left).