This LibGuide, which is available to use for all GEN 300 courses, will provide, through the links in the left sidebar, tips for searching our catalog and databases for information sources generally, but also instructions for specific assignments, such as the Literature Review or Annotated Bibliography in MLA and APA Style. (Some of the links have subcategories under them; click on those to see the content included on each.)
- Choosing the Best Information will help you determine what kind of information source (book, article, web page, etc.) will provide the kind of information you need;
- Research Basics will give you some general tips on searching our resources successfully for information sources. (Note that there are multiple sub-pages under that link, so click on each to see the content there.)
- Searching Tips & Tricks provides you with strategies to help refine your searching to get the best possible sources from your search(es).
- Book/E-Book Sources links to tools to help you find books and e-books.
- Suggested Magazine/Journal Articles provides suggestions for what tools to search and other tips when searching for magazine and journal articles, how to tell the difference, etc.
- MLA Style Resources provides links to many online helps and examples for formatting citations in MLA Style (and many examples as well).
- APA Style Resources provides links to many online helps and examples for formatting citations in APA Style.
- Interlibrary Loan provides information on how we can supply you with books, articles, etc., that you need but that Hackney Library does not own.
- Need Additional Help? provides you with contact information for the librarians at Hackney Library. Feel free to contact any of us when you need help!