In the sidebar to the left:
- For help in researching a variety of careers, see the General Career Information section. Some of these resources are electronic and some are in the library's in-house collections.
- The Career-Specific Book/eBook Resources section contains books and e-books in Hackney Library's collection that explore careers in specific fields, such as nursing, art, social work, etc.
- The Articles section contains search boxes to look for career-related articles in magazines and newspapers, as well as scholarly journals. It also contains a Database Finder to locate databases either by the discipline they cover or by title.
- The Professional Associations section contains tips for how to search the web effectively for professional associations--good sources of info about various career fields.
- The Career Services section takes you to the Barton College Career Services web site, and all that it provides.
- The Graduate School Resources section contains online resources to help you research graduate schools and prepare for taking various graduate school admissions exams online.
- The APA Style Resources and the MLA Style Resources sections provide resources to guide you in creating accurate citations in either APA or MLA style.
In order to access many of the resources in this LibGuide from off campus, you will be asked to log in with your Barton login information.
Remember, if at any time you need assistance, feel free to contact any of the reference librarians on duty in the library. You also have access to help via telephone (252-399-6502) and via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).